Span is a studio crossing the boundaries of communication design in all mediums.
Our practice is focused on challenging expectations with wit, logic, and a playful spirit.
We believe in the bold pursuit of exploration, thinking beyond expectations through imagination and visual experimentation. Blending typographic discipline with fearless expression we elevate the role of the visual message in both culture and community. Span takes the long view — in every gesture and every project.
Co-founders John Pobojewski and Bud Rodecker have 25 years of shared experience shaping brand strategy and design for high-profile clients in the design, cultural, and civic communities. They are joined by a team of uniquely talented designers, photographers, 3D animators, illustrators, programmers, musicians, typographers, and educators. We believe this diverse set of viewpoints energizes our thinking, drives originality, and makes our work better.
In addition to client projects, we prioritize the cultivation of new ideas through self-initiated work that bridges different ways of thinking and challenges expectations about the role of design.
Span is born from Thirst.
- STA 100 2020
- Communication Arts Typography Annual 11
- Tokyo TDC Exhibition 2020
- 49th Annual UCDA Design Competition
- STA 100 2019
- STA 100 2018
- Sappi Printer of the Year Award 2018
- 48th Annual UCDA Design Competition
- STA 100 2017
- 47th Annual UCDA Design Competition
- Graphis Poster Annual 2018
- STA 100 2016
- Communication Arts Typography Annual 2017
- 46th Annual UCDA Design Competition