We’re looking for a passionate designer to join our studio full-time starting in January 2021.
We welcome and encourage all applicants to apply, especially minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
Job description: Designer
As a full-time designer at Span, you will collaborate with partners, design principles, and senior designers on design explorations and implementing received direction. You will be responsible for independently prioritizing your tasks and workday, as well as generating design presentations. This will start as a remote position, transitioning to in-person within our Chicago office when it is safe to do so.
This is a full-time salaried position requiring at least 40 hours a week with benefits including healthcare and retirement contributions.
Span is a multidisciplinary studio that specializes in designing across all media. As such, the ideal candidate will have experience designing brands across multiple disciplines including print, web, and motion graphics. Candidates should be self-motivated, creative, and curious, have a keen attention to detail, and be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- 1–2 years of professional experience
- Self-initiated and well organized with good time management skills
- Solid communication skills — both written and verbal
- Strong typographic skills and keen attention to detail
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience designing for print, web, and motion graphics
- Demonstrated experience designing graphic identity and branding systems
- Eager to learn, excited to collaborate, and open to critical feedback
- Experience with file production including preparing files for print and for web development
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Job Application: Designer” including your résumé, portfolio, and why you’d like to join us.